The Chairman and The Board of Trustees
Summary of Role
To support the organisation by being the immediate means of liaison between the Board and Executive Committee and the branch network ensuring effective communication and liaison with all branches using all available media as appropriate, and to ensure adherence to the organisation's constitutional and legal responsibilities.
1. As a member of the Board of Trustees, to take an active part in the development of the organisation in line with its objectives and constitution.
2. To be the main contact point for Branch officers with the executive Committee and to maintain regular liaison at all times.
3. To ensure through appropriate communication methods that information is passed between the Executive Committee and the Branches as effectively and efficiently as possible.
4. To build and maintain close working relationships with Branches, including personal visits as required, in order to monitor the health of the association at Branch level. Maintaining an up-to-date list of branch contacts.
5. To receive queries and questions from Branches, for the attention of trustees/committee members, ensuring these are passed to the officer best able to respond, then ensuring responses received are fed back to Branches all within a reasonable timescale.
6. To provide support, advice and guidance to all Branches, but with particular reference to new or potential new branches as necessary, maintaining ongoing support in the initial stages until the new branches are operating satisfactorily.
7. As part of the ongoing development and future planning of the organisation, to be responsible for the organisation and chairing of a Bi-annual Chairman's conference and encouraging Branch Chairs or a representative from each branch to attend.
8. To work closely with Branches to ensure that any one day seminars (or similar events) are organised and publicised accordingly, offering support and assistance as required.
9. Using the networks built up with Branches, to encourage production of reports for "The Bulletin" in the format agreed and within the timescales required by the Bulletin Editor and publication of branch meetings on the website
Updated January 2015