The Chairman and the Board of Trustees
Summary of Role
To support the organisation by shaping the WFA's Education Policy to reflect the Association's objective to ‘educate the public in the history of the Great War, with particular reference to The Western Front', and offer professional guidance to the Executive Committee on educational matters.
1. As members of the Board of Trustees, the Education Trustees will take an active part in the development of the Association in line with its objectives and constitution and be responsible for educational issues.
2. The Education Trustees will aim to promote the understanding of the Great War both within the Association and amongst the wider public in accordance with the object of the Association.
3. The Education Trustees will liaise with the Web Editor in developing the resources offered on the schools section of the website, and will be available to advise on the educational value of articles across the website.
4. The Education Trustees will liaise with the Bulletin Editor in respect of the education section of the Bulletin.
5. The Education Trustees are available to offer guidance to Branches on such matters as:
a) developing a Branch education policy for all age and interest groups
b) developing links with local schools
c) developing Branch school competitions
6. The Education Trustees will aim to maintain existing, and develop new, contacts with teachers at all Key Stage levels and with other organisations working on the Great War such as Universities and Colleges, Family History Societies, Museums and Great War interest groups.
7. The Education Trustees will aim to monitor curriculum developments in schools and other educational establishments and advise the Executive Committee as appropriate.
Updated November 2010