The Chairman and The Board of Trustees
Summary of Role
To be the first point of contact for historical queries from members, Branches, members of the public and other larger organisations, providing information, advice and guidance as appropriate and to ensure adherence to the organisations constitutional and legal responsibilities.
1. As a member of the Board of Trustees, to take an active part in the development of the organisation in line with its objectives and constitution and to be responsible for historical information matters.
2. To be the main contact point for enquiries from all sources including WFA Members, Branches, members of the public and other organisations through all communication channels ie correspondence, telephone or web site.
3. To ensure appropriate and accurate responses are provided to any enquiries, within a reasonable timescale.
4. To assist with historical enquiries posted on the WFA Forum.
5. To provide regular reports on historical information requests to Executive Committee meetings.
6. To provide regular reports/articles for inclusion in The Bulletin/Stand To and Website as required.
7. To build and maintain networks with other relevant historical organisations in order to advance the profile and membership of the organisation.
Updated November 2010