The Chairman, The Board of Trustees and the membership, and in the absence of the Chairman to report directly to the Board of Trustees.
Summary of Role
To assist the Chairman in co-ordinating and leading the activities/business of the Board of Trustees and National Executive Committee in order that the objectives of the Organisation are met in accordance with constitutional responsibilities and, within guidelines as required by the Charities Commission and English Law.
1. As a member of the Board of Trustees, to take an active part in the development of the organisation in line with its objectives and constitution.
2. Working with the Assistant Secretary in ensuring that the general administration tasks relating to National Committee Meetings are undertaken as required.
3. To provide a written report to the National Executive Committee prior to each meeting.
4. To be responsible for the Annual General Meeting including:
a. Booking appropriate venues
b. Securing appropriate speakers
c. Ensuring all necessary audio visual/presentational equipment is provided as required
d. Timely provision of necessary documentation to National Executive Committee
e. Liaising with meeting venue on catering requirements for attendees
f. Assisting in the control of attendees mindful of any venue restrictions
g. Taking accurate minutes of the Annual General Meeting and providing these to members of the national Executive Committee and the Editor of "The Bulletin" for publication to the wider membership.
5. To be responsible for any Extraordinary General Meetings as instructed including:
a. Booking an appropriate venue
b. Issuing any appropriate papers to National Executive Committee and members
c. Taking accurate minutes of the meeting and providing these to members of the national Executive Committee and the Editor of "The Bulletin" for publication to the wider membership as necessary.
6. In the absence of the Assistant Secretary to ensure cover of all necessary duties to maintain the smooth running of the administration of the organisation.
Updated November 2010