To assist the Chairman in co-ordinating and leading the activities/business of the Board of Trustees/Executive Committee in order that the objectives of the organisation are met in accordance with constitutional responsibilities and within the guidelines as required by the Charities Commission and English law.
- Secretary to the board of Trustees/Executive Committee
- Organising the Spring Conference and AGM
- Processing ticket applications for the RBL Remembrance Service
- Secretary to the board of Trustees/Executive Committee.
- To contribute to Executive Committee work as part of the development of the organisation in line with its objectives and Constitution.
- In the absence of the WFA Administrator, to take minutes of Executive Committee meetings.
- To provide a written report to the Executive Committee prior to each meeting.
- To draft the Trustee Nomination form and to provide it to the Editor of the Bulletin for sending to all WFA members.
- Organising the Spring Conference and AGM (and any EGM)
- To book appropriate venues as agreed by the Executive Committee.
- Through the Chairman (or whoever oversees the Speakers List), to secure appropriate speakers.
- To ensure all necessary audio visual/presentational equipment is provided as required.
- To provide necessary documentation to the Executive Committee and the WFA membership so that the required notification is met within the necessary timescale.
- To process applications for attending including those requiring lunch.
- To liaise with the venue on catering requirements for attendees.
- To assist in the control of attendees mindful of any venue restrictions.
- In the absence of the WFA Administrator, to take minutes of the AGM and provide them to the Executive Committee and the Editor of the Bulletin for publication to the wider WFA membership.
- To be responsible for organising any Extraordinary General Meetings as instructed by the Executive Committee including:
- Booking an appropriate venue.
- In the absence of the WFA Administrator, taking minutes of the meeting and providing them to the Executive Committee and the Editor of the Bulletin for publication to the wider WFA membership.
- Processing ticket applications for the RBL Remembrance Service.
- Drafting a letter to be sent through the Branch Co-ordinator to all WFA Branches inviting applications.
- Processing the applications and sending to the RBL.
- Leading the WFA Civilian delegation at the RBL Remembrance Service (except when the RBLL Remembrance Service falls on the 11th November) and laying a wreath.
Last updated July 2019