Here you will find appropriate articles for your students. This will support students with knowledge and understanding to work they cover in class and also give them an introduction into the standard for university study.
The following books are mixture of fiction and nonfiction. It is important to understand a breadth of the topics studied and not just the course content. This list will grow over time.
· Clark, L, World War I: An Illustrated History.
· De Groot, G.J, Blighty: British Society in the
Era of the Great War.
· De Groot, G.J, The First World War.
· Keegan, J, The First World War.
· Wolf, L, In Flanders Fields – Passchendaele
· Lynch, E.P.F, Somme Mud
· Middlebrook, M, First day on the Somme
· Paxman, J, Great Britain’s Great War
· Barker, P, Regeneration (first of a trilogy).
· Brooke, Sassoon, Owen, Thomas etc., First World War Poetry
· Faulks, S, Birdsong.
· Graves, R, Goodbye to All That.
· Sassoon, S, Memoirs of a Fox Hunting Man (vol.2).