The WFA invites expressions of interest from suitably qualified individuals and businesses to tender for a contract for the digitisation of and creation of an online portal for the WFA's Pension Record Cards and Ledgers (PRCs).
Expressions of interest should be accompanied by the completion of the attached Pre-qualification Questionnaire (PQQ). Please see below to download. The completed PQQ should be returned, digitally, with the appropriate attachments, as described in the PQQ, by noon on Monday, 20 October 2014. Large returns should be zipped or emailed in parts.
The indicative timetable for the tender is as follows:
1) Announcement of tender and invitation for expressions of interest by submission of a PQQ - 21 September 2014.
2) Deadline for the return of expressions of interest and PQQs - 20 October 2014.
3) Despatch of full tender details to shortlisted companies - by 3 November 2014.
4) Deadline for the return of completed tenders - 8 December 2014.
5) Announcement of award of contract - 12 January 2015.
Please note: the WFA reserves the right to change with immediate effect and without prior notice the basis of or the procedures for the tendering process, to reject any or all tenders for the contract, to terminate discussions with tenderers at any time and not to proceed (cancel the notice) with the proposed procurement at all. Under no circumstances shall the WFA or any of its staff, agents, members or advisers incur any liability whatsoever in respect of such matters.
The four indicative services types for which the WFA is seeking tender submissions are:
1) A single service for digitising and meta-tagging the PRCs, and the establishment of an online purchase and payment portal, subsequently to be maintained by the WFA on its own servers at the WFA's own cost;
2) A service as in (1) above, servers to be wholly maintained by the supplier and paid for by the WFA on a monthly basis.
3) A service as in (1) above where the initial costs of the service are managed and defrayed over the period(s) of the contract.
4) A service for digitising and metatagging the PRCs, with the contractor utilising these records on their own systems, under licence from the WFA for the contract period, for which the WFA will receive a licence fee.
The WFA may be prepared to consider alternatives to the above, to be submitted at the point at which a formal tender is submitted, subsequent to the PQQ evaluation.
David G Henderson
WFA Digital Editor and PRC Project Lead