Following the decision of John and Heather Richardson to stand down, the WFA welcomes applications from appropriately qualified candidates to manage and operate the WFA's back office.
Applications must be received by the Hon Secretary, Steve Oram*, by Friday, 14 November 2014, and should include details of the candidate's experience and suitability for the role. The successful candidate will:
- be able to represent the WFA in dealing with membership issues, prospective members and general enquiries (including from the media);
- be responsible for supplying welcome packs to new members;
- maintain and keep updated the WFA membership database, including membership payment, direct debit enquiries and gift aid records;
- maintain financial records to trial balance level and work closely with the WFA's finance trustee in producing monthly accounts; (while a basic knowledge of Sage Accounting would be useful it is not essential);
- take orders and payments for WFA-branded merchandise; and
- undertake general administrative functions.
This is a full time position with the successful candidate working from home. While there can be an element of flexibility the office will need to be staffed from 10 am to 3pm during the working week and the WFA is accordingly receptive to the possibility that the role is split between more than one individual.
A salary commensurate with experience but of the order of £19,000 per annum is being offered.
The successful candidate will provide a service that accords with the ethos, aims and ambitions of the WFA.