COBWFA welcomes author, historian and genealogist Rick Pyves for a presentation on his highly acclaimed publication, Courage, Sacrifice and Betrayal, the story of the Victoria Rifles of Canada, 60th Battalion, in the First World War.
The book provides a detailed account of the day-to-day operations of the 60th Battalion and the lives of its 2,813 soldiers, including the author’s grandfather Sergeant Edward Lewis Pyves, Private A.Y. Jackson (future Group of Seven artist) and the battalion’s commanding officer Lieutenant-Colonel Frederick de Long Gascoigne.
Guests are always welcome!
* Arrive at your leisure between 9:30-10:30am.
* Call to order at 10:30am.
* Lunch & soft drinks served at the break for $6
* Sergeants’ Mess Bar will be open.
* Signed copies available for purchase.
(You can now preregister for our events on Eventbrite to help us with planning, but it is not required.)