Communication Lines (Letters to the Editor)
- Shipping Losses
- Learning Curve?
The Final Whistle: Rosslyn Park - A Rugby Club at War by Stephen Cooper
The Camera Returns (77): Boulogne by Bob Grundy and Steve Wall
Dummy Tanks - A Real Great War Phenomenon by Martin Davies
“It is a Gas-ly War’ - The Diary of Major Swindell 2nd Battalion Manchester Regiment - (Part II) by Paul Swindell
The Great War and the Anfield Bicycle Club by David Birchall
War Art - 74559 Corporal William Briggs Twibell (1893-1968) by David and Judith Cohen
What did you do in the Great War, Bishop? Padres, Plumage and Prelates by Tom Scherb
The Great War and Trench Lingo. English Jargon and Slang from France and Flanders 1914-1918 by Chris Moore
GHQ - A Little English Colony in the Pas de Calais by Terrence Hughes
With Three Divisions But Not His Own. Lieutenant Phillip Russell Meredith, MC, 50th Battalion Machine Gun Corps in France July - September 1918 (Part I) by Barbara Meredith
Remembering the Great War on the Victoria Embankment by Ray Westlake
Garrison Library (First World War books reviewed)
- War Surgery by Thomas Scotland & Steven Hays (Eds.)
- The Stomach for Fighting - Food and the Soldier in the Great War by Rachel Duffett
- World War One Aircraft Carrier Pioneer. The Story and Diaries of Captain J M Cleery RNAS/RAF
- Haking. A Dutiful Soldier by Michael Senior
- Poems of World War One 1914-1918 by Steven Leslie Hill
- Images of War, The Germans in Flanders in 194: Rare Photographs from Wartime Archives by David Bilton
- The Great War Explained. A Simple Story and Guide by Philip Stevens
- Suvala: August Offensive, Battleground Gallipoli by Steven Chambers
- They Shall Not Pass: The French Army on the Western Front 1914-18 by Ian Sumner
- Fort Vaux, Battleground Europe by Christina Holstein
- The German-Jewish Soldiers of the First World War by Tim Grady
- Infantry Attacks by Erwin Rommel
- Ypres: Slaughter of the Innocents 1914-1915 DVD
- History of the 43rd and 52nd (Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire) Light Infantry in the Great War 19114-1918. Volume II: The 52nd Light Infantry in France and Belgium by Simon Harris
- Valour in the Trenches. ‘Bombo’ Pollard VC MC DCM HAC in the Great War by N S Nash
- Retreat and Rearguard 1914: The BEF’s Actions from Mons to the Marne by Jerry Murland
- The Confusion of Command. The War Memoirs of Lieutenant General Sir Thomas D'Oyly Snow, 1914-1915 by Dan Snow and Mark Pottle
- Massacre at Passchendaele: The New Zealand Story by Glyn Harper
- Joffrey's War: A Sherwood Forester in the Great War by Geoffrey Ratcliffe Husbands.
To access this edition of Stand To! you must be a WFA member, please log in below, or join today.
WFA Member LoginForgotten Password?
Join the WFA
For a modest annual subscription, our members receive a wide range of benefits. In particular, belonging to the WFA provides you with the opportunity of meeting like-minded people to learn, share, explore and exchange information and knowledge in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.