Notes By The Way (Notices from the Editor)
- London Gazette online
- Pathe News online
- John Frost Historical Newspapers. 10,000 newspapers online
Webwatch (12) Jim Fanning
Rumours of Germ Warfare: The Double-Edged sword of bacteriology in the Great War by William C. Hanigan
My Aunt at Mons 1914-1918 (Miss May Ethelreda Crook) by Martin Middlebrook
The Camera Returns (49): Canal de la Haute Colme at Arques by Steve Wall and Bob Grundy
War Art: Silhouettes by David Cohen
The Influenza Pandemic of 1918 and The Western Front by Dr David Payne, PhD EuroProBiol CBiol MIBiol
The Blind Soldiers of Ward A15, Savenay, France by Frank Herron
A Belgian Soldier by Fred Ashmore
Remembering at St Mary's Brecon by Ray Westlake
The Late Captain Fryatt by Jim Minnoch
Tank at the Battle of Ancre by Monty Rossiter
'Warrior' by Ross Mason
Echoes of the Great War by Walter Kudlick
A Brothers Love (9162 Sergeant Raymond Alic Risley Simpkin) 2nd Bn West Yorkshire Regiment (Prince of Wales' Own): Milencourt Communal Cemetery, Somme.
Cavell's Norfolk Escaper by Chris Basey
Sergeant Douglas Hunter DCM 16th West Yorkshire Regiment (Attached 93rd Light Trench Mortar Battery) by Philip Douglas Lodge
Communications Lines (Letters to the Editor)
- Controversy over the 'Tank Room' where Sir William Tritton may or may not have 'invented the tank'
- W H Ogilvie
- A convicted murderer 'Shot At Dawn' 'controversy' -
- Oh! What A Lovely War!' - controversy
Garrison Library (First World War Book Reviews)
- The 1st Royal Irish Rifles in the Great War by James W Taylor
- The First World War: The Essential Guide to Sources in the UK National Archives by Ian Beckett
- Fort Douaumont. Verdun by Christina Holstein
- Trench Art by Nicholas J Saunders
- Command and Cohesion. The Citizen Soldier and Minor Tactics in the British Army by M A Ramsay
- Touring the Italian Front 1917-1918 by Francis Mackay
- Peacemakers: The Paris Peace Conference of 1919 and its attempt to end War by Margaret Macmillan
- The First, The Few, The Forgotten, Navy and Machine Corps Women in World War I by Jean Ebbert and Marie-Beth Hall
- At the Going Down of the Sun. 365 Soldiers of the Great War by Ian Connery et al.
- The Great War. BBC World War by Correlli Barnett
- The Aristocracy and the Great War by Gerald Gliddon
- In Enemy Hands. A British Territorial Soldier in Germany 1915-1919 by Malcolm Hall
- Short Notices
- CD-Rom Maps
To access this edition of Stand To! you must be a WFA member, please log in below, or join today.
WFA Member Login
If have questions about how to access the members-only area, please email firstname.lastname@example.orgForgotten Password?
Join the WFA
For a modest annual subscription, our members receive a wide range of benefits. In particular, belonging to the WFA provides you with the opportunity of meeting like-minded people to learn, share, explore and exchange information and knowledge in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.