On Friday 10th November 2023, author, photographer and economist, Attila Szalay-Berzeviczy will launch and be signing his next book: In the Centennial Footsteps of the Great War - Sarajevo to Versailles (Volume Two) . The event will be held in St Augustine's Church, Passchendaele at 8pm following the Commemoration Ceremony at Crest Farm Memorial and Torchlight Parade into the village.
After an opening keynote by Dr. Spencer Jones, Honorary Vice-President of The WFA, the following speakers will be joining Attila for a panel discussion on the global impact of the Great War on the occasion of the 105th Anniversary of the Armistice:
- Professor Sir Hew Strachan - Professor of International Relations at the University of St Andrews.
- Veerle Viane - Great War coordinator with Tourism Flanders.
- Professor Gary Sheffield - Honorary President of The WFA.
- Matthew Haultain-Gall - PhD from the University of New South Wales and scientific associate at the Université Catholique de Louvain
- Georg von Habsburg, grandson of Charles I, Emperor of the Austro-Hungarian Empire
There will be a musical interlude by Abraham Bence, a Hungarian violinist from the Flanders Symphony Orchestra and the evening will conclude with refreshments, a chance to chat with the panellists and book signing by Attila.
The entrance fee will be €10 and you will need to register by Monday 6th November at Passchendaele Museum - Attila Szalay-Berzeviczy Lecture.
In the Centennial Footsteps of the Great War - Sarajevo to Versailles (Volume Two) will be available in November 2023, but can be pre-ordered at http://www.greatwarbook.com/