Doors Open at 9.30 (conference starts at 10.00) to 16.30.
The London Pride Conference in 2024 aims to offer a comprehensive exploration of the history and influence of the London Territorials during the years 1908 to 1921. The conference provides an opportunity for the authors of an edited volume of the same name, due to be published by Helion & Co in 2025, to share some of the initial research from their chapters.
Professor Gary Sheffield, President of The WFA, will deliver the keynote speech on 'London Pride Revisited?: Territorials in the Two World Wars - Continuity and Change.'
The day is divided into seven informative panel sessions featuring discussions on:
- Operations and Tactics: This session scrutinises the tactical strategies and combat experiences of the London Territorials during significant battles.
- The London Territorials in 'Side Shows': This panel delves into less well-known areas of service away from the Western Front and the psychological demands of soldiering.
- Performance and the Learning Process: These speakers assess the performance and development of various divisions, with a focus on their reputation and operational efficiency.
- The London Territorials and the Changing Face of War: Investigating the transformation of London Territorial units during the Great War, including discussions on infantry battalion command and unit collaboration with other formations.
- Medicine, Ministering, and Morale: This panel emphasises the medical challenges faced by the London Territorials, psychological casualties, and efforts to boost morale.
- London Territorials and Society: This discussion explores the connections between the London Territorial Force and London schools, their publications, specific battalion experiences, and unique deployments.
The conference will culminate with a plenary session, offering attendees an opportunity for networking and in-depth discussions.
The London Pride Conference presents an exceptional opportunity to delve into a pivotal period in London's military history, unveiling the enduring impact of the London Territorials during times of both peace and war. Join us for a day of insight, shared knowledge, and valuable connections.
We are delighted that the Conference is sponsored by Helion & Co.
Tickets for the conference cost £15 and include lunch.
To book tickets visit The WFA Shop > London Pride Conference
Alternatively contact the WFA office at +44 (0) 207 118 1914
or email email@example.com
When booking, please inform us of any dietary requirements.
Booking is essential as it is expected the conference will sell out.
A detailed programme is available here: