The European Officer is appointed to the Executive Committee and will promote the constitutional aims and objectives of The Western Front Association (WFA), and support the Chair and the Board of Trustees, in all matters relating to the Association’s activities.
As European Officer, and Member of the Executive Committee, he/she will take an active part in all aspects of The WFA and contribute to its development and sustainability in accordance with the constitution.
The European Officer will, where feasible and appropriate:
- Support the Chair and Board of Trustees by shaping and executing The WFA's European Policy.
- Actively promote the development of The WFA in Europe.
- Maintain close liaison with the European Field Officer.
- Explore opportunities for collaboration, individually and collectively, between The WFA and educational institutions, historical associations, and heritage groups across Europe.
- Ensure that The WFA is adequately represented at ceremonial events, conferences, and engagements in Europe.
- Coordinate with the Education Trustee to explore opportunities for education initiatives abroad.
- Liaise with the Digital Editor and the Bulletin Editor in order to maintain awareness of events and activities taking place in Europe.
- Undertake all other tasks as directed by the Chair and the Executive Committee.
Last updated August 2023