While financial matters are the responsibility of all trustees, the Honorary Treasurer has a particular role in ensuring that the charity is solvent, well-run, and delivering the intended charitable benefits.
Financial administration and risk management
- Monitoring the financial administration of the charity and reporting to the Executive Committee.
- Overseeing the charity’s financial risk-management process, including monitoring and advising on the financial viability of the charity.
- Overseeing the charity’s investment activities.
- With regard to accounting matters, liaison and co-ordination of the internal staff, external accountants and external auditors.
- Ensuring that the annual accounts are prepared and audited within the necessary timescales.
- Presenting budgets, management accounts and annual accounts to the Executive Committee.
Last updated June 2021