Promoting the constitutional aims and objectives of The Western Front Association on the island of Ireland and supporting all Irish branches and members.
Island of Ireland Officer
As a trustee and member of the executive committee, liaise with and provide support to Irish branch chairmen and members, establish contact with other organisations on the island of Ireland that have an interest in the Great War, represent the association as required and ensure that policies and/or initiatives approved by the executive committee are supported and implemented.
- Liaising with other trustees, appointees and office personnel as required and keeping the executive committee informed on association matters in Ireland.
- Establishing contact with government bodies, museums, educational institutions, local history societies, veteran’s associations and other organisations on the island of Ireland that have an interest in the Great War
- Representing the association at state and local commemorations on the island of Ireland
- Coordinating and supporting all Irish branch activities
- Organising a bi-annual meeting of Irish chairmen and branch education officers.
- Organising an annual Irish conference.
- Receiving a regular updated list of Irish members from office personnel.
- Exploring ways to increase membership and establish new branches.
- Publishing and circulating an Irish newsletter.
Last updated June 2021