Promote the constitutional aims and objectives of the Western Front Association and support the Chairman and the Board of Trustees in all matters relating to the Association.
As a member of the Board of Trustees work with the Chairman and the National Executive Committee, take an active part in co-ordinating developing and leading furtherance of the organisation's objectives. ensuring that the activities/business and Development of the Association are met in accordance with constitutional responsibilities and, within guidelines as required by the Charities Commission and English Law
- Assist and support the Chairman in the strategic direction of the organisation by working closely with all National Executive Committee Members.
- Provide leadership, help, support and encouragement to all levels of the organisation by:
- Supporting and encouraging all members of the National Executive Committee
- Encouraging keen members of the Organisation to take on leadership roles in their branches
- Encouraging members should they so wish, to seek appointment to the National Executive Committee
- Promote links between the branches of the organisation and the National Executive Committee.
- Act as a point of contact in communication with third parties ensuring feedback through established communication channels to keep the National Executive Committee informed. ensuring communication links are set up accordingly.
- Seek and encourage liaison with like minded organisations through working closely with the Chairman and respective Executive Committee members as appropriate, in order to advance the profile and membership of the organisation.
- In the absence of the Chairman, to chair Executive Committee meetings ensuring:
- that the agenda is followed
- that decisions are made with due regard to the time available within the meeting
- timely intervention if topics under discussion are failing to progress, and setting a time limit as agreed by majority
- any breach of order is raised
- normal rules of courtesy are applied
- Liaise closely with Press and Education Trustees, plus Head Office for any Membership details that require Editing, monitoring or sharing.
- Provide regular reports on Development matters to Executive Committee meetings.
- Provide regular reports/articles for inclusion in The Bulletin/Stand To and Website as required.
Last updated June 2021