Editorial Notes (Honorary Editor: Peter T Scott)
- 70 years on - the first ‘decade’ anniversaries in which the WFA will play an active role.
Evidence in Camera. A Cautionary Tale by Dr A J Peacock (by W.M.B.K)
Porton Revealed (Porton Down)
- General View of Porton from the water tower c.1918
- Gas Wood in the background
- Porton was opened in 1916 as a Royal Engineer Experimental Station dealing with all forms of gas and chemical weapos.
Chairman's Letter from John Giles
- Joining our ‘ranks’ and having gained something by doing so.
- On setting up a ‘film unit’
The Cemetery We Lost by Anthony Spagnoly
Trench Weaponry (1) A German 17cm medium minenwerfer (Peter T. Scott)
- A German 17cm. Medium minenwerfer
- A German 24,5cn heavy minenwerfer
Feeding the Guns by Lt F H MacKay, RFA 1916-19 (Part II) (written in 1928 and now first published)
On Foot To The Front by Bill Hogg
WFA Poets by David Patterson
Behind the Lines (1) (Peter T. Scott)
- A British army printing shop somewhere in France.
- Possibly GHQ, Montreuil in 1918
Communication Lines (Letters to the Editor)
- Butte de Warlencourt
- WFA Ypres Tour
- Restoration of Souvenirs
- Trench Map Service
- Aerial Propaganda
- WW1 Courses
- The Annual General Meeting
To access this edition of Stand To! you must be a WFA member, please log in below, or join today.
WFA Member Login
If have questions about how to access the members-only area, please email email@example.comForgotten Password?
Join the WFA
For a modest annual subscription, our members receive a wide range of benefits. In particular, belonging to the WFA provides you with the opportunity of meeting like-minded people to learn, share, explore and exchange information and knowledge in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.