This a 'Special Edition' of the journal of The Western Front Association remembering the German Spring Offensive of 1918
Looking forward to Remembrance Sunday 11 November 2018
Planning for a special edition of Stand To!
Australian soldiers who died on the troop train from Marseilles to the Western Front and other train tragedies.
In defence of articles by Peter Barton
Restoring British military bicycles.
We're for it hot and thick. The 13th Battalion Gloucestershire Regiment (Forest of Dean Pioneers) in the German Spring Offensives - March and April 1918 by Colin Taylor
Tag X - Durchbruch! The German Advance from the St Quentin Canal 21 March 1918 by Sebastian Laudan
The Camera Returns (93) by Bob Grundy and Steve Wall
Retreat and Rearguard Somme 1918 The Actions at the Somme Crossings by Jerry Murland
Ferdinand Foch: General in Chief by William Philpott
28 March 1918 - An Essex Regiment Infantryman's Memories of Operation Mars edited by Phil Sutcliffe
The Kaiser's Battle. A Statistical Re-Analysis by David Tattersfield
The Home Base - The UK 1914-1918 Part Four - The Home Base under Alnwick by Bob Butcher
Aces Falling : The Kaiserschlacht and the War in the Air by Peter Hart
'It's a Charge, Boys' the Life and Gallant Death of Gordon Flowerdew VC by Stephen Snelling
To Pardon or Not to Pardon? The Twenty-Five Great War Canadians Shot at Dawn - Part Two by Diana Beaupre and Adrian Watkinson
My Period wit the 1/6th W Yorks A Few Notes Made from Memory by Harry Ottolini, Sgt, 'A' Company
Defending Amiens. The Australian Imperial Force during the German Spring Offensive March - April 1918 by Aaron Pegram
Confrontations at Villers-Bretonneux by Peter Pedersen
Trench Life in Silhouette Captain Harry Lawrence Oakley by Jerry Rendell
War Art by David and Judith Cohen
German Infantry Regiment 169 in the May 1918 Aisne Offensive by John K Rieth
Britannia's Unruly Stepchildren Americans who Served and Died in the British Armed Forces 1914-1918. Part Two - Double Eagles - US Citizens in the RFC/RNAS/RAF by Michael O'Brien
Garrison Library: First World War Books Reviewed
- An Army of Brigadiers: British Brigade Commanders at the Battle of Arras 1917 by Trevor Harvey
- Victory on the Western Front by Michael Senior
- The Other First World War. The blood-soaked Russian Fronts 1914-1922 by Douglas Boyd
- The British Army and the First World War by Ian Beckett, Timothy Bowman and Mark Connelly
- Lost Opportunity: The Battle of the Ardennes 22 August 1914 by Simon J House
- Vimy: The Battle and the Legend by Tim Cook
- Retreat and Rearguard Somme 1918 by Jerry Murland
- A Taste of Success: The First Battle of the Scarpe 9-14 April 1917 by Jim Smithson
- Voices from the Past: The Wooden Horse of Gallipoli: The Heroic Saga of SS River Clyde an Icon of the First World War by Stephen Snelling
- Bloody April 1917 by Norman Franks, Russell Guest and Frank Bailey
- Camel Combat Ace. The Great War Flying Career of Edwin Swale, CBE, OBE, DFC by Barry M Marsden
- Zeppelins over the Midlands: The Air Raids of 31 January 1916 by Mick Powis
- Let the Zeppelins Come by David Marks
- Unfailing Gallantry - 8th (Regular) Division in the Great War 1914-1919 by Alun Thomas
- Nurses of Passchendaele; Caring for the Wounded of the Ypres Campaigns 1914-1918 by Christine E Hallett
- Unknown Warriors: The Letters of Kate Luard RRC and Bar, Nursing Sister in France 1914-1918 by Kate Luard (Editors John and Caroline Stevens).
- Women in the Great War by Stephen and Tanya Wynn
- Law and War: Magistrates in the Great War by Jonathan Swan
- Destination Western Front: London’s Omnibuses Go to War by Roy Larkin
- An Artist’s War: The Art and Letters of Morris and Alice Meredith Williams by Morris and Alice Meredith Williams (Editor Phyllida Shaw).
- Celluloid War Memorials: The British Instructional Films Company & the Memory of the Great War by Mark Connelly
- Company K by William March
- Germany and the Great War: The Opening Year - Mobilisation, the Advance and the Naval War by Joshua Bilton
- The British on the Somme 1916: Rare Photographs from Wartime Archives by Bob Carruthers
- The Somme: The Day by Day Account by Chris McCarthy
- Under the Devil’s Eye by Alan Wakefield and Simon Moody
To access this edition of Stand To! you must be a WFA member, please log in below, or join today.
WFA Member Login
If have questions about how to access the members-only area, please email email@example.comForgotten Password?
Join the WFA
For a modest annual subscription, our members receive a wide range of benefits. In particular, belonging to the WFA provides you with the opportunity of meeting like-minded people to learn, share, explore and exchange information and knowledge in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.