Notes by the Way (Notices from the Editor)
Changes in BEF Divisions by R W Butcher
The Camera Returns (2) Carnoy on the Fricourt Mericourt Road by Bob Grundy and Steve Wall
The Annual General Meeting Address by Mr John Terraine
by Mr John Terraine at the AGM on 31 January 1987
Gentleman's Hours by R A Ford
What Happened to Grandfather?: Gunner/Sergeant Edward Nelson Lea by John Lea MA PhD photos by Rod Pye NDD, BA
The Hundredth Anniversary of the the Creator of The Man Who Won The War: Bruce Bairnsfather by Tonie and Valmai Holt
Home Front (12) Army Cyclists
An Officer's Notebook: Office in the Black Watch, 1st/6th (Perthshire) Black Watch by W T Young
The Other Side
What was his unit? Can anyone help?
The Canadians in 1917: Vimy Ridge, Hill 70, Passchendaele 70th by Fred Gaffen, Historian, Canadian War Museum
Behind the Lines
My War Memoirs by Einar Eklöf: American Purple Heart Medal with Oak Leaf Cluster as told to Thomas Nilsson
The Americans Join In by Bob Wyatt
Garrison Library (First World War books reviewed)
- The Gotha Summer. The German Daytime Air raids on England May - August 1917 by C M White
- Lancer Dig In. 1914 DIary, the Marne by Trevor Horn MC
- British Battle Insignia by Mike Chappel
- Fields of Death by P Stowe and R Woods
- Trench Maps - A Collectors Guide by Peter Chasseaud
- Lancer Dig in 1914 by Trevor Horn
- The War the Infantry Knew by J C Dunn
- Lineage Book of British Land Forces 1660-1978 by J B M Frederick
- History of the Royal Regiment of Artillery, Western Front 1914-1918 by General Sir Martin Farndale
Communication Lines (Letters to the Editor)
- The Gunners
- New Museum at Mailly-Maillet
Intelligence Summary. Roll of Honour - 10 deaths of veteran members RIP
WFA Poets: Edward Thomas
To access this edition of Stand To! you must be a WFA member, please log in below, or join today.
WFA Member Login
Please enter your username and password below.
If have questions about how to access the members-only area, please email firstname.lastname@example.orgForgotten Password?
Join the WFA
For a modest annual subscription, our members receive a wide range of benefits. In particular, belonging to the WFA provides you with the opportunity of meeting like-minded people to learn, share, explore and exchange information and knowledge in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.