Notes by the Way (Notices from the Editor)
Home Front (8) Land Army: The Woman’s Land Army / Women’s Forestry Corps and Forage Corps (Drawing: P T Scott Collection
My Experiences in the Great War by Alec Stringer: London Scottish (Gordon Highlanders) as told to James Brazier
The Agony of Loos by Don Cook - including an unpublished letter by Br-General D G M Campbell (Commanding 6th Cavalry Brigade, 1914-1916) giving his account of action from 26 to 29 September 1915
- General Sir David Campbell GCB (1869-1936)
Emil and Franz: pilot and observer in German Air Service by Richard Baumgartner
- Oberleutnant Friedrich Ritter von Krausser CO Bavarian Schutzstaffel 23
- Vizefeld Theor Weidner, pilot Schutzstaffel 23
Gas Warfare. The British Defensive Measures: The Second Battle of Ypres by Simon Jones by Simon Jones - Part I: The Second Battle of Ypres
Precautions against Asphyxiating Gases
The Indian Army Corps (Part II) by Colonel Terry Cave, CBE
Order of Battle of Divisions.
- The Indian Army Corps.
- The Indian Cavalry Corps
- Their Divisions in France, 1914-1918
- 3rd (Lahore) Division
- 7th (Meerut) Division
- 1st Indian Cavalry Division
- 4th Cavalry Division
- 2nd Indian Cavalry Division
- 5th Cavalry Division
The Lincoln Tank Group by R E Dryden
Garrison Library (First World War books reviewed)
- A Nation in Arms. A social study of the British Army in the First World War By Ian F W Beckett and Keith Simpson (Eds.)
- Lloyd George, Woodrow Wilson and the Guilt of Germany. An essay in the pre-history of Appeasement by A Lentin
- The Location of the British Army Records by Norman Holding
- Petain. Hero or Traitor. The Untold Story by Herbert R Lottman
- A Time To Leave the Ploughshare. A Gunner Remembers 1917-1918 by William Carr
- Facing Total War: German Society 1914-1918 by Jurgen Kocka
- The Official History of Australia in the War of 1914-1918 by C E W Bean
- Gallipoli 1915: Pens, Pencils and Cameras at War by Peter H Liddle
- Short Reports on Books:
- Some Desperate Glory: The Diary of a Young Officer by Edwin Campion Vaughan
- The Carlton Colville Chronicle by Canon R A Bignold
- From Hell to the Himalayas by Colonel C F Hodgson
- The King’s Shilling: The Life and times of Lord Kitchener of Khartoum by Richard Kellet
- The Battle of the Scheldt by W Denis Whitaker & Shelagh Whitaker
- Templer: Tiger of Malaya: The Life of Field Marshal Sir Gerald Templer by John Cloake
- Yes, Your Excellency by V E O Stevenson-Hamilton
- Books We Need: Fortunino Matania - suggested by Bob Grundy
The Lewis Gun by Martin Pegler
Communication Lines (Letters to the Editor)
- Multiple congratulations on the quality of Stand To!
- Indian Corps VC
- Field Punishment - its importance and relevance to any study of the First World War
- John Terraine and the 50th Division of 1918 and 19144
Intelligence Summary -
- Roll of Honour - Nine veteran members remembered
- IWM News
- Labour Corps
To access this edition of Stand To! you must be a WFA member, please log in below, or join today.
WFA Member Login
Please enter your username and password below.
If have questions about how to access the members-only area, please email email@example.comForgotten Password?
Join the WFA
For a modest annual subscription, our members receive a wide range of benefits. In particular, belonging to the WFA provides you with the opportunity of meeting like-minded people to learn, share, explore and exchange information and knowledge in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.