Notes by the Way (Notices from the Editor)
- Congratulations to Aleks A M Deseyne winner of the 1991 Bunting Memorial for his article ‘Dug Outs’ in Stand To! No. 31 Spring 1991
- Roll of Honour - Seven
The Camera Returns (17) Le Mesnil (Mesnil-en-Aurrouaise) by Bob Grundy and Steve Wall
The Red Hand. Another unusual Division.
One Man's War: Sergeant Joe Beard by Joe Beard
The Men of 1914 John S Sly
Behind the Lines (20) Preparation
A Battalion on the Somme: 2nd Bn Green Howards by Paul Reed
Wavell in the Great War: The Mud of Flanders and Mobility of Palestine by Major Harold E. Raugh, Jr, USA (Brigadier A P Wavell CMG MC)
War Art: Eric Kennington by David Cohen
Here and There
The Home Front (26)
A TF Subaltern Goes to War: Lieutenant Charles S. Workman, MC
The Scottish Regiments
- The 15th (Scottish) Division
'Options for Change'
What is a Heavy Battery? by Ronald Clifton
The Official History of the Great War
- Complete listing of the various volumes of the British Official History of the Great War
- Military Operations
- Order of Battle
Communications Lines (Letters to the editor)
- 2nd King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry
Divisional and Corps Signs
Garrison Library (First World War Book reviews)
- The Catholic Soldiers in the First World War by Terrence Denman (reviewed by Bob Butcher)
- The Devil to Pay. The Mutiny of the Connaught Rangers, India, July 1920 by Anthony Babington
- Memoir of an American Patriot by Hamilton Fish (reviewed by Gunner)
- The War to end all Wars : The American Military Experience in World War I by Edward M Coffman (reviewed by Bob Butcher)
- 'We Are Here Too' The Diaries and Letters of Sister Oliver L C Haynes, November 1914 to February 1918 by Margaret O Young (Ed.) (reviewed by Bob Wyatt)
- Into the Breach: American women overseas in World War I by Dorothy and Carl J Schneider (reviewed by Bill Leyden)
- Kaiserschlacht 1918: The Final German Offensive by Randal Gray
- Winged Warfare. The literature and theory of aerial warfare in Britain 1859-1917 by Michael Paris (reviewed by Gunner)
- From the Somme to the Armistice by Richard Devonald-Lewis
- Military Operations - France and Belgium 1916 by Wilfrid Miles (reviewed by Bob Butcher)
- Chavasse-Double VC by Ann Clayton (reviewed by Gunner)
To access this edition of Stand To! you must be a WFA member, please log in below, or join today.
WFA Member Login
Please enter your username and password below.
If have questions about how to access the members-only area, please email email@example.comForgotten Password?
Join the WFA
For a modest annual subscription, our members receive a wide range of benefits. In particular, belonging to the WFA provides you with the opportunity of meeting like-minded people to learn, share, explore and exchange information and knowledge in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.